A savory recipe for your rice steamer! Combines white rice with basil, oregano and tomatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
In your rice steamer combine the water, rice, olive oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and tomatoes. Cook according to steamer's settings.