Cloaked with melted Monterey jack cheese, a mild and creamy curry sauce blankets chicken on a bed of spinach.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup creamy salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (8 ounce) packages shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend soup, creamy salad dressing, lemon juice, and curry powder.
On the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish, spread squeezed spinach evenly. Place chicken on top of spinach. Pour soup mixture over top of chicken so that all is covered, then sprinkle with paprika. Spread cheese over top.
Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, until cheese is lightly brown. (You can cover the dish with a piece of foil and leave it in the oven on warm until ready to serve, or it can be made the day before and reheated!)