A bone-in turkey breast half is baked on a bed of spinach, onion, celery, bread cubes, walnuts, apple and nutmeg to create this fabulous Italian meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds bone-in turkey breast half, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup turkey broth
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Rub turkey breast with 1 tablespoon margarine, thyme and garlic.
In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon margarine 4 to 5 minutes or until soft. Fold in spinach, broth, bread, walnuts, apple, salt, nutmeg and pepper until mixture is well combined. Spoon dressing into mound in center of 9-X 13-X 2-inch roasting pan. Place turkey, breast-side-up, over dressing.
Bake at 350 degrees F. 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 170-175 degrees F. and juices run clear.