Green pepper, basil and diced tomatoes are simmered with garlic and bouillon, then combined with spinach in this easy soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bell pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in spinach and cook 5 to 7 minutes more.