This delicate preparation for snapper is fragrant and flavorful.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 pound red snapper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1/2 fresh red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
Bring about 1 1/2 inches of water to boil in a steamer fitted with a basket large enough for the snapper to lie flat. Season snapper with salt and pepper, and place in the steamer basket. Top fish with ginger, and drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil. Place shiitake mushrooms, tomato, and red chile pepper in the steamer basket.
Steam fish 15 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Sprinkle with cilantro.