This outrageously original treat is made with coconut and walnuts held together by orange slice candy. These are rolled into balls and rolled in sugar.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound chopped orange slices candy
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages flaked coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Combine the chopped orange slice candy with the coconut and chopped walnuts. Stir in the orange juice and vanilla. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool. Scoop out spoonfuls and roll into walnut sized balls. Roll the balls in confectioners' sugar.