Frozen macaroni and cheese, ground beef and taco seasoning mix make a surprise-filled casserole enhanced with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and shredded Cheddar cheese. Each layer packs lots of zesty flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (12 ounce) packages STOUFFER'S® frozen Macaroni and Cheese, defrosted, divided
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crushed potato or tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
COMBINE beef and seasoning mix in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
COMBINE one package macaroni and cheese and sour cream in medium bowl; spread over bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Spread remaining package macaroni and cheese over beef mixture; top with tomato, potato chips and cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.