A carrot cake using two jars of junior baby food carrots.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 (4.5 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch cake pan.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon. Stir in the white sugar. Add the oil and the eggs and mix well. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, chopped nuts, and the coconut. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.