Tender pork chops are steamed over an aromatic infusion of water, spices and citrus juice for a refreshingly simple dinner for two.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
Put the water, lemon or orange juice, and spices in a deep skillet with a lid. Mix together. Bring mixture to a soft boil.
Place a cooling rack over the skillet, and place pork chops on cooling rack to suspend the chops over the boiling citrus water. Place lid over chops and skillet to keep in most of the steam. Flip pork chops after 6 to 8 minutes, and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes or until done.