This is a great treat for the fall apple harvest. Chopped apples are spiced with cinnamon and mixed into a lightly sweetened bread pudding.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 medium all-purpose apples, pared, cored and finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups French bread cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, beat eggs; add EAGLE BRAND®, apples, water, butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir in bread and raisins, moistening completely. Turn into buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.