French toast sandwiches are filled with a mixture of Neufchatel cheese and brown sugar, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon. Your family will love them!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat free half-and-half
In a medium bowl, blend the cheese with brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon
Spread 4 slices bread with the cream cheese mixture, and top with remaining bread slices, creating sandwiches.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Mix egg substitute and fat free half-and-half in a shallow bowl. Dip sandwiches in the bowl to coat, and place in the skillet. Cook sandwiches 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
The original recipe, Kerry's French Toast, was submitted by Kerry Lubecki, and contains 777 calories, 45.7 g fat, 507 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 68.8 g carbohydrates, 2.1 g fiber, and 23.5 g protein.