A moist oil-based apple cake, redolent with cinnamon and nutmeg. Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with nuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch tube pan.
Beat together the oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to egg mixture; stir in apples, nuts and raisins.
Pour into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hrs or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and frost with cream cheese icing. Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup fine chopped nuts.