A fresh apple salsa that combines tart apples with chile peppers, lime juice, cilantro, toasted walnuts, and ginger. A great appetizer!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tart apples, cored and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, stir together apples and lime juice. Stir in jalapeno and Anaheim chile slices. Stir in onion, cilantro, walnuts, ginger, and salt. Mix thoroughly.