An apple, banana and pineapple fruit salad in a pie. This pie always gets eaten. It's easy to make and looks wonderful!
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 apple, cored and diced with peel
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon fruit preserver
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping
In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Pour the water into the cornstarch mixture and stir together over medium heat until it starts to boil. Continue stirring for about one minute; mixture should be thick and clear in color. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Mix together the apple, banana, pineapple and pecans in a medium bowl. Combine fruit with cooked mixture, adding food coloring and fruit preserver; pour into graham cracker crust. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour. Serve with whipped topping; garnish with chopped pecans if desired.