The crust for this heavenly pie is baked meringue that is studded with coconut and almonds. The filling is sliced, fresh peaches. The finishing touches are whipped cream and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 5 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until very stiff and glossy. Fold in toasted coconut and almonds. Spoon into a 9 inch pie plate to form a shell.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees) for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool.
Fill with sliced peaches. Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut. Chill until ready to serve.