Fresh, sliced peaches are layered in a pre-baked crust with a thick glaze made of pureed peaches. The combination of fresh and cooked peaches make this pie a wonderful treat. Chill and serve with ginger ice cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh peaches - pitted, skinned, and sliced
Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, butter or margarine, mashed peaches, and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until clear and thick. Stir in vanilla.
Fill pie shell with sliced fresh peaches, alternating with the glaze. Refrigerate.