You will love to use a variety of garnishes on this salad, such as gourmet mixed baby salad greens; grape tomatoes; small, yellow, pear-shaped tomatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package small shell pasta
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (3 ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain.
WHISK together vinegar and next 5 ingredients. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
ADD vinaigrette to pasta. Add basil, cheese, and pine nuts; toss to combine. Garnish, if desired.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.