I sort of made up this recipe, and it turned out to be pretty good. I was trying to imitate a pita with garlic butter sauce appetizer this one restaurant makes.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 small (4 inch) pita bread rounds, cut in half
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over low heat. Mix in the olive oil, 1/2 the lemon juice, garlic, and garlic powder.
Place the pita bread in the skillet, and top with remaining butter and lemon juice. Cook 10 minutes, turning often, until golden brown.