Acini de pepe pasta tossed with a cooked sweet pineapple sauce, cherries, mandarin oranges, and pineapple and chilled.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package acini di pepe pasta
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
In large saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, egg yolks, flour, pineapple juice and lemon juice. Stir and cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
While sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
In large bowl, combine cooked mixture with pasta and toss to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Toss pasta with pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, marshmallows and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.