Great tasting granola sweetened with honey. A very versatile recipe as your favorite nuts and dried fruit can easily be substituted for those listed.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried papaya
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the oats, almonds, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, canola oil, and honey. Spread evenly over the prepared baking sheet, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
In a large bowl, break the cooled granola into large chunks. Mix in the raisins, pineapple, sweetened dried cranberries, and papaya. Store in an airtight container.