A spicy raisin bread made in a bread machine. The most common substitute for mixed spice in the U.S.A. is pumpkin pie spice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/8 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 3 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 2/3 tablespoons candied mixed fruit peel
Add water, oil, brown sugar, bread flour, gluten flour, milk powder, mixed spice, and yeast into the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Fruit setting or the setting for Basic White Bread. Press Start.
If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the golden raisins and peel at the signal, or around 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.