May be drizzled with vanilla confectioners' sugar icing when cool, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped prunes
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 cup chopped golden raisins
- 1 cup dried currants
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
In large bowl combine cereal flakes, coconut and salt. Stir in condensed milk. Stir all fruit and blend thoroughly.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool on wire racks.