This is a great summer-time desert. I always make it on the 4th of July, topped with strawberries and blueberries. Top with any fruit of your choice.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 3/8 cups cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 inch pizza pan.
To Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix together flour, butter and sugar; dough should be dry. Spread into pizza pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until brown. Allow to cool completely.
To Make Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread into cooled crust. Top with fruit.