Apricots and pears (or use plums, sweet cherries, peaches, or figs) are the highlight of this fruity tart.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup canned almond paste, broken into small chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, drained
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Press pie crust into 9-inch tart pan or pie plate. Prick the bottom. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
Meanwhile, in a mixer or food processor, blend together cream cheese and almond paste until smooth. Blend in condensed milk, lemon juice and peel.
Spread mixture in the bottom of the baked pastry shell. Arrange fruit, cut sides down, alternating apricots with pears in a decorative pattern on top of the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
Refrigerate until the filling is firm, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.