Kiwi, peaches and cucumber temper the heat of jalapeno and onion in this sweet-hot accompaniment to grilled or broiled chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup fresh diced kiwi fruit
- 3/4 cup fresh diced peaches
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large nonporous glass bowl combine the kiwi, peaches/nectarines/apricots, jalapeno chile pepper, cucumber, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix all together. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.