Cream cheese is blended into the marshmallow and gelatin base for this recipe. Fruit, nuts and whipped topping are folded into the creamy mixture and allowed to chill before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 7 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a non-reactive sauce pan, combine the carbonated beverage and marshmallows; heat until dissolved stirring constantly. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
Add cream cheese and blend by hand or with electric mixer until smooth.
Add pineapple and juice, nuts, mayonnaise and whipped topping. Pour into 7x11 dish, chill until set.