A cool pasta salad with fresh vegetables and fruit - perfect for a hot summer day.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 cups macaroni
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; rinse with cold water.
In large bowl combine pasta, celery, pepper, corn, apple, orange, chives, parsley, salt, pepper and mayonnaise. Adjust seasonings. Serve