The only thing better than poppy seed dressing is poppy seed dressing with lemon yogurt whipped in. But that 's not the only surprise in this delicious salad. Fresh pears and strawberries are combined with cooked macaroni pasta before being tossed with th
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3/4 cup seashell pasta
- 2 cups washed, dried and torn butterhead lettuce
- 1 small pear, cored and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse in cold water until cool.
In a salad bowl, combine macaroni, lettuce, pears, strawberries, and celery. Set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, orange juice, and poppy seeds. Add to the macaroni mixture, and gently toss until well coated.