A chocolate triple play! Top a chocolate pie crust with a layer of dark chocolate and top the two with a light, fresh, chocolate marshmallow filling. If you love chocolate, you better keep this recipe nearby!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup HERSHEY®'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) packaged chocolate crumb crust (6 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen, non-dairy whipped topping, thawed & divided
- Additional sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
Place 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons milk in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds at HIGH (100%); stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Spread on bottom of crust. Refrigerate while preparing next step.
Place marshmallows, remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup milk in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended. Transfer to separate large bowl; cool completely.
Stir 2 cups whipped topping into cooled chocolate mixture; spread 2 cups mixture over chocolate in crust. Blend remaining whipped topping and remaining chocolate mixture; spread over surface of pie.
Cover; freeze several hours or until firm. Garnish as desired. Cover; freeze remaining pie.