Fudgey cookie, crackly on the outside and moist inside.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 7 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Chop chocolate and melt with 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from hot water and cool slightly.
Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
Beat together sugar and eggs until thick and creamy. Mix in vanilla and melted chocolate. Add flour mixture until well blended. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls about 1-1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 8 minutes or until tops are cracked and shiny. Cool on sheet 3-5 minutes. Remove to racks to cool completely.