Try this wonderful chocolate cake with an intriguing cream cheese swirl and chocolate glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 - inch baking pan. Prepare cake mix as package directs. Pour batter into prepared pan.
In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, margarine and cornstarch, on low, until fluffy. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND®. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spoon evenly over cake batter.
Bake 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Prepare Chocolate Glaze and drizzle over cake. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Chocolate Glaze: In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, cream and vanilla. Return saucepan to heat and whisk until frosting is thick and glossy. Let cool to room temperature and drizzle over cooled cake.