A tantalizing mixture of flavors where cilantro meets nutmeg. Only the daring need click here.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup mild green tomatillo salsa
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken strips in the skillet, and sprinkle with the red wine vinegar. Season with 1/2 the pepper, 1/2 the oregano, 1/2 the garlic powder, and 1/2 the nutmeg. Cook 5 minutes, turn, and season with remaining pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and nutmeg.
Place the cilantro, onion, and apples over the chicken in the skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and apples are slightly tender.
Place the tomatillo salsa in a bowl, and cook in the microwave 2 minutes on High, or until heated through. Serve over the cooked chicken and apples.