This is a marinade for any type of steak, but works well for tougher cuts when left for a couple of days.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) beef flank steak
In a shallow bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, onion, ginger and pepper. Coat steak with marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
Grill steak for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.