This colorful salad is a departure from the usual 7 layer salad. Avocado, pinto beans, tortilla chips and ranch dressing give it a south-of-the-border flair.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Ranch-style salad dressing
Chop lettuce and toss in a large bowl with grated cabbage and carrots. Spread mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
Evenly cover the lettuce with a layer of tomato, followed by a layer of avocado, a layer of green onion, a layer of beans and a layer of chips. Pour the dressing over all and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes before serving.