First the ground beef is mixed with onion soup mix and formed into nice thick patties. Then shredded potato, Swiss cheese, and mushrooms are combined, stuffed into each patty, and sealed for a nifty surprise with that first bite.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
Preheat grill for high heat.
In a medium bowl, mix together potato, cheese, and mushrooms.
In a large bowl, mix ground beef with onion soup mix. Form into 6 large burger patties. Make a pocket in each burger, stuff with potato mixture, and seal.
When ready to grill, brush grate with oil. Cook burgers over high heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until well done. Serve hot.