This soup is made with leftover veggies. My kids call it garbage soup because it would have been garbage if we hadn't made soup! Throw in any type vegetables you have in your fridge to add some flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
In a large stock pot place beef, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, celery, broth and vegetables. Add enough water to cover ingredients, cover pot and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until vegetables are soft and beef is cooked through.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, rosemary, thyme and basil. Add bacon bits, stir and serve.