Fresh yellow summer squash, deep green zucchini and a variety of vegetables pack so much flavor and color into this simple stir fry. Lightly sauteed pecans make it just a little different.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch rounds
- 2 yellow summer squash, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Lightly coat the bottom of a nonstick skillet or wok with oil. Over medium heat, cook and stir the chicken strips until lightly brown. Add carrots and onion, and cook for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms, zucchini, and squash. Cook until squash begins to soften. Add pecans, and sprinkle season with pepper. Toss in pan for 2 to 3 minutes and serve.