New potatoes and fresh green beans make this salad perfect for summer.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound new red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 pound new white potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed and snapped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the potatoes into a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the green beans and wax beans during the last 2 minutes to blanch them. Drain, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Cool before adding to the dressing.
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, celery, dill, salt, and pepper. Add the cooled potatoes and beans, and stir to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.