A home-made vinaigrette with fresh bell peppers, garlic, and basil - that's easy to make. Taste's great on pasta salads.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Choose a clean bottle or jar with a well fitting lid or cork. Put the peppers, garlic, parsley, and basil into the jar or bottle. Pour in olive oil, italian dressing, and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid, shake well to mix, and refrigerate at least 2 days to allow flavors to develop.