The potency of garlic is deftly contrasted with the coolness of grapes in this baked chicken. Sesame seeds offer nutty undertones. Serve with Dijon-soy sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
Combine mustard, soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Set sauce aside.
In a 9 x 13 inch pan, combine garlic and oil. Place chicken in pan skin side down.
If using thighs, bake covered at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 25 minutes. If using breasts, bake covered at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Uncover, and turn chicken pieces over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until no longer pink in center, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle grapes over chicken, and bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven, and arrange chicken and grapes on platter. Pass sauce when serving.