This is a simple recipe with a spicy kick for garlic lovers. It is my combination of a much loved linguine and clam sauce dish and a recent introduction to orzo pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic and red pepper 1 minute, until garlic is golden brown. Stir in chicken, season with salt, and cook 2 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned and juices run clear. Reduce heat to medium, and mix in the parsley and cooked orzo. Place spinach in the skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.