An unusual and every easy way to prepare lean beef steak. It is cubed, then layered with garlic cloves, bay leaves, onions, black olives, and canned tomatoes. It bakes for 3 1/2 hours.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 pounds lean steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium heads garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 10 large black olives (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
In a 3 quart glass baking dish with a cover, layer meat, garlic cloves, bay leaves, onion slices, and black olives. Pour the tomatoes evenly over the top, and then do the same with the olive oil.
Cover and bake for 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.