Fresh linguine cooks in a heady, spicy mixture of mushrooms, garlic, Cajun spice, oysters, corn, string beans, pimentos and seafood stock. An easy roux of butter and flour thickens the dish before you add parsley, scallions and crabmeat.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 24 shucked oysters, quartered
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels, blanched
- 2/3 cup French-style green beans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 1/2 cup seafood stock
- 10 ounces fresh linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 4 ounces crabmeat
In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Stir in flour to make a paste. Set roux aside.
Saute mushrooms, Cajun spice, and garlic in 1/4 cup butter or margarine over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add oysters, corn, string beans, and pimento. Saute for 1 1/2 minutes. Add stock and linguine, and bring to a slight simmer.
Fold in roux until sauce thickens, then reduce heat. Fold in parsley and scallions. Fold in lump crabmeat, and heat through. Serve immediately.