This recipe is so easy to make, tastes great and is a big hit at dinner time. It's even a hit as leftovers! It uses simple ingredients that you always have on hand and you can replace the penne with any pasta you want.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and return to pot.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley for about 1 minute. Season with red pepper flakes and black pepper. Stir into cooked pasta, along with remaining olive oil. Top with Parmesan.