Garlic chicken is reborn with the addition of Chablis and mushrooms to lemony garlic butter sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Chablis wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
In a medium skillet, heat oil for frying. Dredge chicken breast in flour and add to skillet. Saute until golden brown (presentation side down) and pepper to taste.
Turn chicken over (presentation side up) and add the garlic, mushrooms, juice from 1/2 lemon and wine. Stir all together. Turn heat up as high as possible and let liquids reduce until about 1/4 cup liquid remains in skillet.
Remove chicken from skillet and add the room temperature butter. Swirl it around in the skillet sauce until it is incorporated and the sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.