Reduced fat ingredients make this yummy bruschetta especially loveable. Swiss cheese and onions lend their distinctive flavors to appetizers that are impossible to resist.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup fat free cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 (1 pound) loaves French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the broiler.
In a medium bowl, blend fat free cream cheese, nonfat sour cream and fat-free mayonnaise with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 1/2 the reduced fat Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, green onions and garlic.
Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a medium baking sheet. Lightly toast under the broiler. Remove from heat.
Spread French bread slices with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Broil under the preheated broiler approximately 1 1/2 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with ground black pepper.