A simple, flavorful pasta dish with fresh Thai basil, garlic, a splash of fish sauce, and grated provolone.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated provolone cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Place spaghetti in pot, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and return spaghetti to pot.
Meanwhile, place butter, olive oil, garlic, basil, fish sauce, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Stir garlic and basil mixture into cooked spaghetti until evenly coated. Sprinkle half of the provolone on top, then stir until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the remaining cheese, and stir.