Quick, garlicky, and delicious shrimp scampi.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
Preheat grill for high heat.
In a large bowl, mix together softened butter, olive oil, garlic, shallots, chives, salt, pepper, and paprika; add the shrimp, and toss to coat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the shrimp as close to the flame as possible for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.