This is an easy cheesecake to prepare, yet it is fancy enough for dinner parties.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, syrup reserved
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice, strained
Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in the sweetened condensed milk, the lemon juice, and the orange extract.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into the graham cracker crust. Chill for three hours. When the cheese cake has chilled and set, arrange the apricots on the top.
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup of the reserved apricot syrup and the orange juice; mix until smooth. Cook on a medium low flame until clear and thick. Cool.
Cover the apricots with the glaze. Chill two hours, and serve.