Seasoned lean ground beef is browned with ginger and garlic, and cooked with green beans.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
In a large skillet over medium heat, mix the ground beef, ginger, garlic, onion powder, and pepper. Cook and stir until the beef is evenly browned.
Mix soy sauce and honey into the beef mixture. Stir in the green beans. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, until beans are tender.
In a small bowl, mix the flour and water. Stir into the beef and bean mixture, and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until thickened.